A very successful drug discovery company based in Poland and operating globally is expanding its R&D team in Medicinal Chemistry.
A part of that will be creating DMPK department serving mainly for R&D purpose. That’s the reason, we are interested in attracting experienced
Head of PBPK Modelling & Simulation
Location: Krakow, Poland
to join the team of excellent scientists working on hit-to lead drug discovery projects.
Purpose of the position is to provide scientific expertise and support for the drug discovery projects for the R&D department. Your primary role would be to run PBPK modelling and simulation and support the decision making for selection of compounds for the optimization cycles (based on metabolic stability data, metabolite profile).
You have proven skills in hit-to-lead and lead optimization phases of drug discovery. The responsibilities would also include data analysis, writing reports and gathering data for project meetings. Your secondary role would be to complement work of the ADME team with advice and expertise.
• Perform PBPK modelling and simulation based on in vitro results and prediction of the human dose
• Support in the interpretation of routine ADME experiments and PK data
• Provide expert modeling consultancy and advice, training and support within drug discovery Research & Development
• Data analysis, interpretation and strategic decision making regarding the selection of compounds suitable for in vivo studies
• Transfer of knowledge and expansion of R&D ADMET/DMPK team
• Working closely with colleagues from other departments (DMPK, ADME, Pharmacology and other) on projects ranging from early to late stage drug discovery
• PhD in appropriate field is necessary – preferably degree in Drug Metabolism (PBPK modeling, pharmacokinetics or analytical chemistry)
• At least 5 - 10 years of work experience in DMPK field, thorough understanding of pharmacokinetics, physiology and pharmacology
• Excellent knowledge of DMPK assays, data interpretation and their relation to the drug discovery process, understanding of in silico models and in vitro – in vivo corellations
• Experience in PBPK and PBPD modelling assessment and predicting drug-drug interactions, experience in translating DMPK and PKPD animal models into humans would be beneficial
• Great hands-on expertise in working with Modeling & Simulation software, e.g. GastroPlus
• Managerial/Team Leader experience would be a plus
If you are interested to apply for this position please send us your resume in English. We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities.